A) Bar Cookies (brownies, etc) - 2 per plate
B) Any Variety Cookies – 2 per plate
A) Cake – Pound
B) Cake – Iced
C) Cupcakes – Iced – 2 per plate
- Sweet Bread (Banana, Zucchini, Pumpkin, etc.) - 1 loaf
- Fried Pies (half-moon style) - 1 per plate
- Candy (any kind) - 1 per plate
- Canned Goods
A) Canned tomatoes – 1 can
B) Canned green beans – 1 can
C) Canned pickles – 1 can
D) Canned salsa – 1 can
E) Other canned item/vegetable - 1 can
- Soup Mixture (any kind) - 1 can
- Jelly (any kind) - 1 can
- Preserves (any kind) - 1 can
- Canning entries must be sealed and in standard canning jars with standard lids and processed according to the latest USDA recommendations. Round or square jars with large or small mouth. Unsealed jars will not be accepted.
- Participants may enter one item per class
- Entries must be entered between 5:00-8:00 pm on Friday, Sept. 20. No exceptions.
- Upon registration, each contestant will be required to fill out entry tags for each entry. Utmost care will be taken in displaying entries. Walker County Ag Festival/volunteers are not responsible for damages.
- Judging will take place on Saturday, September 21 between 8:00-9:00 am.
- 3 placings and honorable mention ribbons will be awarded.
- Entries will remain on display until 5:00 pm and may be picked up 5:00-6:00 pm.
- Any remaining exhibits will be discarded or donated
- For questions, please call 423-322-7171